- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
The Conqueror 2016 Rosé, Horse Heaven Hills, $17
Precept Wine’s vineyard relationships in the Horse Heavens are substantial, and the Seattle-based company can pull off projects such nearly a 1,000 cases of a Bandol-inspired rosé made from 100% of Mourvèdre. Tropical fruit aromas hint at Juicy Fruit Gum, dried pineapple and mango, and that theme is presented on the palate in serious fashion, joined by white peach and pink strawberry. A persistent pulse of lime juice and pulp makes for an elegantly bone-dry finish. Enjoy with chicken rubbed with Herbes de Provence, Mongolian beef or short ribs. The Conqueror lineup can be found at Kroger grocers Fred Meyer and QFC.
Production: 880 cases