- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
3 Horse Ranch Vineyards 2014 Single Vineyard Eagle Foothills District Merlot, Snake River Valley $40
The Cunningham family established their vineyard as one of the highest elevation sites in Idaho and along the edge of the Snake River Valley, so Mother Nature sometimes thins their crop for them. A mere three barrels of Merlot made it into this prized bottling by their winemaker, Greg Koenig, and he turned it into the top Merlot at the 2017 Idaho Wine Competition. Dark purple fruit and toast include black currant skin tannins and blueberry acidity for a pretty finish. Gary Cunningham’s sales acumen and shoe leather have made these wines also available in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska.
Production: 76 cases