- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Coiled Wines 2016 Rizza Sparkling Wine, Snake River Valley, $28
One of the Pacific Northwest’s most fascinating expressions with Riesling, Idaho winemaker Leslie Preston presents this in a brut style. Last year, it was Skyline Vineyard near the Snake River that allowed her to present aromas of Key Lime pie, quince and gooseberry. Fine-grained mousse allows for refreshing flavors of Limeade and spearmint, and the residual sugar of 1% makes it quite a quaffer.
Production: 500 cases