- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Hat Ranch Winery 2016 Estate Dry Rosé, Snake River Valley, $16
The first harvest of Cabernet Franc off the Hat Ranch estate in Sunnyslope Wine District came Nov. 4 and led to a beautiful dry rosé from retired Air Force pilot Tim Harless. Delicate notes of pink strawberry and Rainier cherry allow for minerality and anise to emerge, all carried along by crisp lemony acidity. This earned the title as best rosé at the 2017 Idaho Wine Competition, and suggested pairings include light pastas, grilled seafood and goat cheese.
Production: 209 cases