- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Bells Up Winery 2015 Summit View Vineyard Firebird Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $36
French horn musician Dave Specter has focused his young Willamette Valley boutique winery on Pinot Noir, but he’s been slowly refining his Syrah program using Walla Walla Valley fruit. His work here with Summit View Vineyard, planted by the respected Tom Waliser, is stellar. The Milton-Freewater, Ore., site that’s adjacent to Seven Hills Vineyard and part of the SeVein development allows Specter to produce three barrels of a Syrah with a rich purple color and filled with aromas of Marionberry jam, moist earth, leather and blueberry. It shows cool-climate properties with its juicy profile of boysenberry and pie cherries, backed up by crunchy tannins and blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
Production: 70 cases