- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
Kiona Vineyards and Winery 2013 Cabernet-Merlot, Washington, $15
Best Buy! The Williams family produces one wine that incorporates all five of their Columbia Valley vineyards, and it is this approachable and wide-ranging blend which leads with Cabernet Sauvignon (37%) and Merlot (24%) while receiving healthy contributions from Lemberger (13%) and Sangiovese (10%) with five other varieties chipping in. Kiona never rushes their bold reds to market, and this is no different. After spending 14 months in 35% new oak, there was another year in bottle. Hence, it offers aromas of plum, Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry treats, nutmeg and Graham cracker. Inside, there’s a sweet entry of blueberry jam and boysenberry, backed by raspberry tea tannins and a rush of Marionberry acidity.
Production: 4,200 cases