- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Apex Cellars 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $27
Next year marks the 30th anniversary of this brand created in the Yakima Valley by Harry Alhadeff and touched off by the winemaking of Brian Carter. Precept Wine now owns Apex Cellars, and its team pulled fruit from historic Dionysus Vineyard near the Hanford Reach and the breathtaking Alder Ridge in the Horse Heaven Hills. All of the barrels used for the 18 months were French, and half of them were new. The nose is reminiscent of sugared plum, blueberry, violets and cherry pipe tobacco. Its flavor profile hints at dark blueberry and currant with Bing cherry skin tannins, pomegranate acidity and a sense of earthiness among the toast and Montmorency cherry finish.
Production: 1,000 cases