- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
Cavatappi Winery 2015 Sangiovese, Columbia Valley, $12
Best Buy! Italy-inspired Peter Dow continues to spearhead the Cavatappi Winery program he founded in the late 1980s, and these are some of the most affordable, food-friendly wines available. His partnership with Precept means pulling from Oasis, Canyon Vineyard Ranch and den Hoed vineyards in the Yakima Valley, and the juice is bright and nicely herbal with less alcohol. The range of aromas and flavors include sweet cherry, President plum and strawberry-rhubarb compote with pinches of oregano, sage and freshly cracked pepper.
Production: 3,435 cases