- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
Robert Ramsay Cellars 2014 McKinley Springs Mourvèdre, Horse Heaven Hills, $35
A year ago, this Woodinville winery with a tasting room on Seattle’s Queen Anne earned our top rating for its 2012 Mourvèdre from McKinley Springs Vineyard. This fall, winemakers Robert Ramsay Harris and Casey Cobble earned a gold medal at the 2017 Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition for their 2014 McKinley Springs Mourvèdre, a red Rhône rarely bottled on its own. Aromas of smoke, cured meat and dusty cranberry mingle together with bright flavors of boysenberry jam, rhubarb compote and cherry pipe tobacco, backed by a long finish of cola and baking spices.
Production: 225 cases