- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Rocky Pond Winery 2016 Clos CheValle Vineyard Glacial Treasure White Wine, Lake Chelan, $17
The Dufenhorst family grew both the Riesling (73%) and the Viognier (27%) throughout their collection of blocks near Clos CheValle Road, which overlooks the south shore of Lake Chelan and is a stone’s throw from Highway 97. Consulting winemaker Ron Bunnell, one of the Northwest’s top talents with Rhône varieties, uses the Viognier to help build a creamy texture on the midpalate of this enticing and satisfying quaffer that’s just a touch off-dry at 1.2% residual sugar. It opens with dried pineapple, white peach and lemon-lime aromas. Flavors of Ambrosia Salad pick up white peach as the blend of acidity with lemon peel makes for a balanced finish.
Production: 346 cases