- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Windy Canyon Winery 2014 Poirier Red Wine, Walla Walla Valley $40
Walla Walla Valley vintner Charles Weaver earned a gold medal at the 2016 Cascadia International for his 2014 Syrah from Les Collines Vineyards. This blend built upon Cabernet Sauvignon from Golden Ridge Vineyard is rounded out by 45% of that luscious Syrah from Les Collines, so it’s no surprise that his 2014 Poirier achieved a double gold at the Cascadia a year later. Aromas of boysenberry enrobed in dark chocolate and maple syrup lead to round flavors of dark cherry and plum. A sense of earthiness and baking spices add to the finish. It’s drinking superbly.
Production: 74 cases