- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Three Rivers Winery 2014 Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $39
Holly Turner stayed in the Walla Walla Valley hills for this Syrah from Salmon-Safe Minnick Hills Vineyard, which gets a remarkable boost from Petit Verdot (7%) off Seven Hills. The nose offers dense aromas of blackberry, sweet blueberry and cocoa beans, which lead to delicious and dusty flavors of more purple fruit, backed by a lick of cherry candy, light tannins and a long and juicy finish of blueberry. Suggested pairings include pan-seared venison or bison tenderloin with roasted root vegetables served with Cumberland Sauce.
Production: 143 cases