- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Finn Hill Winery 2016 Elephant Mountain Vineyard Blondie Rosé of Sangiovese, Rattlesnake Hills, $20
Rob Entrekin and Finn Hill Winery, Wine Press Northwest magazine’s 2016 Washington Winery to Watch, worked with prized Elephant Mountain Vineyard in the upper reaches of the Yakima Valley for this brightly colored and quaffable pink. Aromas of strawberry, raspberry honey and Craisins lead to a remarkably fruity and slightly viscous mouthfeel of dried raspberry and blackcurrant. A hint of orange and blueberry juice provide just enough acidity to balance the residual sugar (0.5%). Suggested pairings by the Woodinville winemaker include salami, Serraño ham and tapas such as prosciutto with melon, hummus and baba ganoush. This merited a double gold at the 2017 Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 58 cases