- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Sawtooth Estate Winery 2014 Classic Fly Series Tempranillo, Snake River Valley, $30
Home to perhaps the Idaho wine industry’s defining planting, founding grower Brad Pintler provided a glimpse at the range of possibilities for varieties with his Sawtooth Vineyard. Seattle-based Precept and partner project Winemakers LLC now control the winery he launched and that vineyard, and Meredith Smith continues to showcase the versatility of Sawtooth. This middle-tier lineup continues to grow, and her latest Tempranillo comes with well-managed plum skin tannins and a profile of big and deep blue fruit. Blackberry juice leads into the finish of blueberry-pomegranate.
Production: 412 cases