- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Canoe Ridge Vineyard 2015 The Expedition Merlot, Horse Heaven Hills, $16
Walla Walla Valley winemaker Bill Murray offers a rather classic example of Washington Merlot with this contribution from two Precept-controlled sites – The Benches and Canoe Ridge Vineyard. The nose of Chukar Cherry, orange zest and California peppercorns transitions to flavors of ripe strawberry, which are joined by cherry pie juice, plum skins and blueberry seed. It’s filled with acidity, tannin and fruit.
Production: 12,000 cases