- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Icon by Waterbrook 2016 Viognier, Columbia Valley, $24
Waterbrook dedicates this tier for its Walla Walla Valley tasting-room only, and the brief history for John Freeman’s Viognier includes fruit from Canyon Ranch Vineyard in the Yakima Valley and a barrel program of six months in neutral oak. Classic aromas of orange Creamsicle come with light toast and caramelized banana joined by lime peel and lemongrass. There’s nice roundness to the palate with flavors of Bosc pear, starfruit and yellow grapefruit pith. Enjoyable acidity and a touch of minerality make it a candidate for shellfish, curries and soft cheeses.
Production: 150 cases