- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
San Juan Vineyards 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, $23
The Swanbergs began planting their vineyard with aromatic, seafood-friendly white varieties in 1996, but this winery just outside of Friday Harbor, Wash., relies on Columbia Valley growers for their red program. Destiny Ridge Vineyard, the estate site for Alexandria Nicole Cellars, supplied the fruit on Oct. 2 for this nicely structured Cab. Aromas of rich black cherry, Almond Joy, leather and fresh cedar lead to flavors of red cherry and cassis. The sandy tannins arrive up front and run persistently alongside the raspberry acidity and a sprig of mint.
Production: 481 cases