- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Horan Estates Winery 2014 CWM Syrah, Columbia Valley, $26
Now in its second decade of operation, this Wenatchee, Wash., winery has crafted a Syrah as a tribute to the late Corey Wayne McDougall that explodes with aromas and flavors of ripe plum, blackberry and cassis. This exemplifies purity of fruit that is full-bodied while still a bit tightly wound. It won gold and best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 178 cases