- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Mercer Canyons 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Horse Heaven Hills, $13
Best Buy! Princeton Vineyard is among the seven estate plantings that the Mercer family uses throughout its portfolio, and they named it as a tribute to Revolutionary War hero Hugh Mercer, a brigadier general who perished in the Battle of Princeton. Sauvignon Blanc makes up just 1 percent of this 73-acre vineyard where Riesling and Merlot dominate, and the 2016 vintage marks the debut of this white Bordeaux grape under the Mercer Canyons brand. It’s tropical rather than New Zealand in the aromas of Ambrosia Salad with grapefruit and freshly cut grass before it imparts a laser beam of acidity with tart lime and Granny Smith apple flavors. Enjoy with light seafood, savory/salty fare or a plate of soft cheeses.
Production: 511 cases