- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Rocky Pond Winery 2015 Double D Vineyard Malbec, Columbia Valley, $42
As Double D Vineyard grows and matures, the Dufenhorst family will look to sell more of the fruit from this site along the Columbia River 15 miles downstream from Chelan. Consulting winemaker Ron Bunnell showed a deft touch with these four barrels of Malbec, investing 13 months in 100% new French oak. The Sept. 25 harvest underwent a hot ferment of 85 degree Fahrenheit to bring out aromas of plum, cherry, blueberry taffy, caramel and black pepper. Its texture is comfortable and cozy as the pleasing extraction creates deep blue fruit flavors with baking spices, refined tannins and long and juicy finish. Find it at the Rocky Pond tasting rooms in Woodinville and downtown Chelan, then enjoy with London Broil, lamb or chicken.
Production: 93 cases