- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Siren Song Vineyard Estate and Winery 2014 Jolie Red Wine, Wahluke Slope, $36
This is owners’ Holly and Kevin Brown’s tribute to Paris, one of their favorite cities. Using grapes Weinbau Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope, this Cab Franc-leading blend unveils aromas of cocoa powder, blueberry, a hint of light toast. A creamy, gentle mouth feel is backed by pleasing tannins and dark chocolate. It won a gold medal and best in class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards. Culinary maven Holly suggests serving it with grilled salmon, wild mushroom risotto or grilled flank steak that’s glazed with a cherry/raspberry balsamic reduction.
Production: 150 cases