- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
DiStefano Winery 2013 Meritage, Columbia Valley, $38
One of Woodinville’s earliest winery settlers, Microsoft alum Mark Newton began his winemaking career by working with Burgundy varieties grown in Oregon to indulge his passion for Champagne. His transition to Bordeaux grapes came in 1990 when he married Donna DiStefano. This Left Bank-style blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (64%), Petit Verdot (24%) and Cabernet Franc offers beautiful aromas and flavors of red currant, boysenberry and sweet herbs, backed by sweet oak notes, plum-skin tannins and a pinch of lavender that dancing in the juicy finish.
Production: 265 cases