- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Alexana Winery 2015 Revana Vineyard Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills, $49
An example of Dr. Madaiah Revana’s exploration of Pinot Noir shows in this estate project that’s part of his 10th anniversary series in the Dundee Hills for Alexana Winery. (He established Revana Family Vineyards northwest of St. Helena in the Napa Valley a decade prior). This bottling encompasses the 10 clones planted across 46 acres, touching on 18 soil types. A handful of Dijon clones are joined by Pommard, Wadenswil as well as “suitcase clones” Coury and La Tache. Yet, the Dundee Hills shines through in this full-bodied Pinot Noir, offering a theme of raspberry pie, cranberry-rhubarb compote and earthiness surrounded by suave tannins, bright acidity and baking spices of clove and nutmeg.
Production: 3,474 cases