- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Desert Wind Winery 2015 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Wahluke Slope, $18
Cabernet Sauvignon thrives in the heat of Washington’s Columbia Valley, and the Fries family of Duck Pond Cellars in Oregon continues to prove that its maturing 480-acre Desert Wind Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope can yield stellar Cab and offer it at a remarkable price. Classic notes of plum, red currant, cherry pipe tobacco, cinnamon and toffee are joined by a well-balanced structure of tannin and acidity. These wines are featured in Prosser at their expansive Southwestern-inspired tasting room and stylish Inn at Desert Wind overlooking the Yakima River.
Production: 4,648 cases