- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Waterbrook Winery 2014 Reserve Malbec, Columbia Valley, $23
John Freeman and his team at this historic Walla Walla Valley brand produce Malbec under both tiers that are sold beyond the tasting room, and the combined production of approximately 10,000 cases shows how serious Waterbrook is about this Bordeaux grape. Freeman’s mid-October harvest from Canyon Vineyard Ranch (Yakima Valley), Blue Mountain (Walla Walla Valley) and Doval (Wahluke Slope) spent about 18 months in 26% new American oak. Those factors have this now offering aromas of Marionberry and pomegranate with spice, mint and earthiness. Its dense texture packs flavors of dark purple fruit joined by malted milk balls, taut tannins and lingering juiciness of elderberry.
Production: 3,481 cases