- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Nicole Reese Wines 2015 Chardonnay, Oregon, $22
Chicago native Elisabeth Grunwald is a decade into her second career as a winemaker, and the former marketing executive is gradually growing her boutique label in Southern Oregon alongside her daily duties as assistant winemaker at Pallet Wine Co., in Medford. Chardonnay has been her prized white from the start, and she guided clones 76, 37 and 13 from Hoyal Farms through French oak for nine months. Fanciful notes of tropical fruit, almond paste, crushed filberts and vanilla come through a creamy structure that’s nicely rounded and backed by a long citrusy finish. Suggested pairings include crab cakes, polenta, ham or spicy Asian cuisine. These wines are available via her winery’s website.
Production: 100 cases