- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cadaretta 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $45
The Middleton family’s remarkable Southwind Vineyard in the southern portion of the Walla Walla Valley forms much of the base of Cadaretta’s flagship wine, which Kendall Mix polished what Brian Rudin made at the Artifex production facility in Walla Walla. The 22 months in French oak presents sweet aromas of a cordial cherry, cocoa powder and Red Vines licorice. It’s bright and juicy with cherry and red currant flavors as smooth tannins grow with power. And yet, they show restraint at the finish of dried thyme. The warmth of this vintage and growing maturity of Southwind helped Cadaretta to more than double its production of this wine over the 2012 vintage.
Production: 2,000 cases