- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Ryan Patrick Wines 2015 Rock Island Red, Columbia Valley, $20
Rock Island, just downriver of the Columbia Valley town of Wenatchee, Wash., is the site of the first dam to span the Columbia River. Butch Milbrandt and his team constructed this blend that used some of the Columbia Valley’s top young vineyards — Elephant Mountain, Northridge and Red Heaven — to build a complex red with aromas and flavors of ripe blue and black fruit, clove and black pepper, all backed by refreshing acidity and approachable tannins. This Syrah-based red won gold and best in class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 2,000 cases