- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Vale Wine Co. 2016 Viognier, Snake River Valley, $18
Pilot-turned-vintner Tim Harless lives in Idaho’s Sunnyslope Wine District and pulls from Block 39 of acclaimed Sawtooth Vineyard south of Lake Lowell and east of the Snake River. It never saw oak, and leaving it to explode with fun aromas of banana taffy, piña colada and gooseberry. The lovely texture brings in peach and more tropical flavors with green banana and lychee, tightened up by tart orange. Suggested pairings include riches dishes featuring crab or lobster or buttery cheeses.
Production: 139 cases