- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Ste. Chapelle Winery 2015 Panoramic Idaho Malbec, Snake River Valley, $27
These reserve-tier wines fall under the purview of Meredith Smith, whose talents at Sawtooth Winery made it an easy choice for Precept Wine to promote her into role of winemaker at Idaho’s most largest winery. Here, she worked with a vineyard she knows better than nearly anyone else, Sawtooth, to produce a Malbec loaded with purple fruit tones of Marionberry, blueberry and pomegranate. There’s good richness on the palate, and secondary notes of tobacco and sagebrush mix with juiciness for a complex finish.
Production: 140 cases