- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Rocky Pond Winery 2015 Clos CheValle Vineyard Riesling, Lake Chelan, $19
Ron Bunnell took an intriguing approach to the decade-old Riesling blocks that the Dufenhorsts acquired and farm overlooking the south shore of Lake Chelan. Harvested on Sept. 25 during that record-hot vintage, it spent six months in neutral oak and finished with just a touch of residual sugar (1%). That winemaking creates aromas of dried pineapple, pear and candy corn with jasmine. Inside, there’s roundness among the flavors of white peach, apricot and more candy corn leading to the dab of sweet lime juice in the finish. It’s ideal for a plate of fruit, nuts and cheese that features Le Pommier Camembert, fourme d’ ambert and Seignemartin Comté extra le Saut du Doubs, BobbySue’s Nuts Over Olives, Divinia Sour Cherry Spread and LaPanzanella crackers. These wines are available on the website as well as their tasting rooms in Woodinville and downtown Chelan.
Production: 70 cases