- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Browne Family Vineyard 2014 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley, $35
Waterbrook winemaker John Freeman in Walla Walla continues to favor Cabernet Franc from Blackrock Vineyard near Red Mountain for his showcase work with this Bordeaux variety for Precept Wine CEO Andrew Browne. There’s an addition of Merlot (10%) from Mirage Vineyard near the eastern banks of the Columbia River north of Pasco that provides a pleasing grip of mouth-coating tannins. And yet, two years in 40% new French oak give this more opulence that most examples of Cab Franc, creating a mood of cherry jam on cinnamon toast, backed by vanilla and sweet blueberry.
Production: 464 cases