- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards 2015 Estate Grüner Veltliner, Umpqua Valley, $24
Our panel recently received another snapshot of Stephen Reustle’s flagship Grüner Veltliner — a couple of months after it merited a 2017 Double Platinum — and remains as brilliant as ever. A product of his Revelation and Sorek blocs, it is radiant with its blend of white peach, Bosc pear and Gala apple. Dry and racy, the finish wraps up with Key Lime juice and white pepper. It may have been the Pacific Northwest’s most decorated white wine over the course of the 2017 judging season, and there are no signs of it having lost a step.
Production: 312 cases