- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Coach House Cellars NV Garage Red Wine Blend, Columbia Valley, $15
Best Buy! This remarkable entry-level blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from Coach House Cellars in Bellingham, Wash., starts with Sheridan Vineyard, one of the cult sites for classy red wines in the Yakima Valley. As the success of this bottling has grown, Scott Whitman and Paxton Rembert have been compelled to also pull out of Les Collines Vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley and Crawford Vineyard, an underrated site in the lower Yakima Valley. Lovely aromas of chocolate-covered cherries, cassis, sweet herb and flint transfer on to the palate with graceful tannins, boysenberry taffy and cinnamon. Coach House wines are available in wine shops and restaurants from Seattle to Bellingham and Cle Elum into the Tri-Cities.
Production: 505 cases