- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Spindrift Cellars 2014 BoVine Vineyard Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $28
Matt Compton’s work with this young 5-acre site south of Corvallis, Ore., continues to show promise under the Spindrift Cellars label. A clonal selections of Pommard, Wadenswil and 667 offers spicy aromas of dark red fruit, toasted coconut and vanilla. There’s less barrel influence on the palate, where plums and dried cherries swirl together in a pleasing structure for a long finish capped by a lick of smoked chocolate.
Production: 168 cases