- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Township 7 Vineyards & Winery 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Okanagan Valley, $18
Township 7 has undergone a remodel and rebranding under Mike Raffan, and he also recruited Mary McDermott from Ontario to take over the winemaking at this longtime property on British Columbia’s Naramata Bench. They remain committed to working with clone 297 fruit planted in Rock Pocket and Blue Terrace vineyards in the southern portion of the Okanagan Valley, and the harvest completed by Sept. 9 at 21 Brix leads to a racy Sauvignon Blanc that one has come to expect from the Okanagan Valley. There’s no meow here, but rather a steady push of gooseberry and charming citrus hints of grapefruit, Key lime and lemon. The mouthwatering finish completes this nice presentation. Suggested pairings range from mild cheeses, seared scallops with cilantro and lemon-glazed chicken breast.
Production: 1,368 cases