- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Balboa Winery 2014 Pandemonium Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $55
The winemaking team of Tyler Grennan and co-owner Tom Glase developed a perfumy Syrah using the Glase family’s Eidolon Estate Vineyard in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater and a contribution from Summit View Vineyard, another underrated Syrah site in Oregon and adjacent to famed Seven Hills Vineyard. Alluring aromas of fresh-baked brownie, blue fruit and cedar lead to remarkable density on the palate with blueberry syrup, bittersweet chocolate, tamed tannins and ripe pomegranate.
Production: 98 cases