- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Le Cadeau Vineyard 2015 Équinoxe Reserve Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, $80
The Mortimers and winemaker Jim Sanders select three barrels from the heart of this 14-clone Parrett Mountain vineyard near Newberg, Ore., and devote several additional months in the cellar in order to create the smallest project in their Reserve Series trio. There are engaging baking spice aromas of nutmeg and allspice behind the plum, dried cherry and cranberry notes, followed by silky flavors of Bing cherry, spicy President plum and strawberry-rhubarb pie, which helps describe the brilliant nice/tannin balance to the finish.
Production: 72 cases