- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2016 Estate Cuvée Sauvignon Blanc, Umpqua Valley, $23
Our panels have evaluated this blend of Romancing Rock and Prayer Rock blocks three times within the past 12 months — including double golds at the 2017 Cascadia and Wine Press Northwest’s 2017 Platinum — and there’s no denying that Stephen Reustle is a wizard with cool-climate whites in Southern Oregon. Mouthwatering aromas of pineapple, Meyer lemon and Key Lime pie lead to brisk and yet balanced flavors of Granny Smith apple and lime that are capped by yellow grapefruit and more pineapple. It’s bone-dry, and ideal for chèvre, halibut, mussels and oysters.
Production: 385 cases