- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Buty Winery 2014 Rockgarden Estate Red, Walla Walla Valley, $48
Nina Buty’s vineyard south of Walla Walla showcases Chris Dowsett’s work with Rhône varieties in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater. A bottling of certified organic fruit that could be labeled as Mourvèdre (75%), the Phelp clone Syrah (20%) came in the door first on Sept. 23 at 22.5 Brix, followed by the Grenache (5%) on Sept. 29 at 23 Brix. The last of the Mourvedre got pulled Oct. 20 at 23.7 Brix. That farming makes for a bright and juicy Châteauneuf-du-Pape-inspired blend featuring aromas of dried cherry, blackberry cobbler, leather and tomato vine, which lead to a lighter body of raspberry and red currant. Pomegranate and blackberry make for a charming finish.
Production: 123 cases