- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Malaga Springs Winery 2015 Malbec, Columbia Valley, $24
Al Matthews made just two barrels of this superb Malbec. It opens with aromas of chocolate-covered cherries, a whiff of smokiness and ripe raspberry. The richness of the midpalate is tempered by tannins that are prevalent without being harsh. Thanks to the rich acidity, this will pair well with a grilled steak and could benefit from a little time in your cellar. It grabbed a gold medal and went on to claim best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 50 cases