- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Aubichon Cellars 2015 Chardonnay, Willamette Valley, $35
Jim Sanders and Tom Mortimer launched Aubichon Cellars with the 2007 vintage, but they didn’t begin producing Chardonnay under this brand until 2013. They source this from the cooler Eola-Amity Hills portion of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, and the juice spent 16 months in oak, with just one of those eight barrels new. Its fragrant nose of marzipan, lemon bar and jasmine goes into rich flavors of apricot jam and butterscotch. Even though it went through 70 percent malolactic fermentation, there’s plenty of balance and complexity.
Production: 193 cases