- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Goose Ridge Estate Winery 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $38
This winery near Richland has North Central Washington connections through its Leavenworth tasting room. Using grapes from its estate vineyard in Goose Gap – the largest in the state at 1,600 acres – the ripe flavors of dried cherries, spiced jerky and leather leap off the palate, followed by flavors of black cherry, blackberry and a hint of anise. Rather, it is suave and well-crafted. Won gold and best in class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 425 cases