- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Henry Earl Estates 2015 Merlot, Red Mountain, $38
Decorated vineyard manager Marshall Edwards, this year’s Honorary Grower for the Auction of Washington Wines, lords over Shaw and Obelisco vineyards on the upper reach of Red Mountain for Dick and Wendy Shaw. Both sites went into this Merlot from the warmest vintage on record. It’s loaded with black cherry, plum and chocolaty notes as nicely managed tannins and blueberry acidity combine for a finish that’s youthful and juicy.
Production: 142 cases