- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Upchurch Vineyard 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Mountain, $75
Chris and Thea Upchurch live part-time among their young vines along the southern slopes of Red Mountain, and their relationship with vaunted viticulturist Dick Boushey continues to showcase remarkable synergy. A small percentage of Merlot (9%) adds to the power while the 100% new French oak barrels bevels the edges, making for a drink that’s akin to a slice of Triple Berry Pie with cassis, orange oil and white pepper. The 2014 vintage earned best of class last fall at the 2017 Platinum Judging for Wine Press Northwest, and this seems headed along a similar track.
Production: 725 cases