- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Alder Ridge 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, $39
One of Precept Wine’s most stately expressions of Cabernet Sauvignon comes from this 800-acre estate vineyard that’s now into its third decade, and winemaker Jon Zimmerman knows these Horse Heaven Hills sites after his years at Canoe Ridge Vineyard. The investment of 18 months in 40% new French oak barrels adds to the mood of blackberry and black cherry fruit, which takes in a scrape of lime peel, hint of cured meat and cherry tomato. Its youthful profile include black currant skins, chalk and pomegranate. In the background, there’s that remarkable touch of wet stone in so many wines from the Horse Heaven Hills. Look for these wines at QFC and Safeway stores.
Production: 928 cases