- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Love That Red Winery 2015 Deadheat Syrah, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville vintner Terry Wells draws some great positioning at the starting gate for this round yet full Syrah with bloodlines of Milbrandts’ Clifton Hill Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope and Olsen Brothers Vineyard in the Yakima Valley near Prosser. All four of the oak barrels were French, with one of them brand new, and the wood treatment shows balance, allowing for aromas of dark blue fruit, toast and white pepper. Inside, it’s plummy, cherry and chocolaty as blueberry skin tannins merely provide some context for a long ride to the finish. These wines are available for tasting on weekends in the Warehouse District, and they can be enjoyed with Tacos Carnitas at nearby Village Wines.
Production: 98 cases