- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Canoe Ridge Vineyard 2016 The Expedition Malbec Horse Heaven Hills, $15
Best Buy! The winemaking team at this downtown Walla Walla winery pulled from a pair of Precept-controlled sites — Alder Ridge and Canoe Ridge Vineyard — to offer one of the Northwest’s largest and most affordable offerings of Malbec. It spent nine months in French oak, a third of those barrels new, and it’s redolent of dark purple fruit akin to elderberry, blueberry and Marionberry with notes of violet and wintergreen. Plum-skin tannins and mouthwatering acidity make for an extended finish. Look for these wines at Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway grocers as well as smaller independent chains and liquor stores.
Production: 2,236 cases