- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Seven Bridges Winery 2013 Seven Hills Vineyard Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $42
Bob Switzer, Kevin Ross and Jim Straus launched Seven Bridges Winery in 2008, and the Portland vintners wisely chose to source their Syrah from Seven Hills Vineyard, a venerable site on the Oregon side of the Walla Walla Valley. Sweet barrel spices are met by big dark fruit tones of cordial cherry, blackberry and blueberry jam for a slightly hedonistic finish. Look for their wines in the Portland area at Fred Meyer’s Stadium and Raleigh Hills stores, Zupan’s, QFC and The Wine Cellar as well as their Hardin Avenue tasting room in the shadow of the 405 Bridge near the north shore of the Willamette River.
Production: 114 cases