- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Adega Northwest 2015 Weinbau Vineyard Growers Cuvée Miguel Rodriguez GSM, Columbia Valley, $30
Portland sommelier Bradford Cowin has been serious about becoming a winemaker since 2007 when he worked in the cellar at R. Stuart in McMinnville, but it was his time at Long Shadows Vintners in Walla Walla that got him access to venerable Weinbau Vineyard on Washington’s Wahluke Slope. Cowin uses this GSM blend to pay tribute to vineyard manager Miguel Rodriguez, who has been working at this Sagemoor Farms site since 1979. The coalescence of Syrah (40%), Grenache (30%) and Mourvèdre offers aromas of plum jam, black currant syrup and cherry juice that are joined by cured meat and black pepper. The pleasing structure of pliable tannins amid a long stream of purple fruit flavors comes with savory black olive notes and a juicy finish.
Production: 50 cases